GALS facilitation with persons with disabilities

• GALS facilitation with persons with disabilities

Posted by Vestine on March 22, 2021 at 6:55 pm

In last week while facilitating the GALS methodology, I met with a big challenge, remember the persons with disability are also encouraged to attend. But we didn’t defined well what type of disability. It is where in selected champions there was someone who is a blind and can’t see anything.

What could you do in that case? Remember we need to do no harm!!!

If someone encountered the same challenge what was the next? How did you addressed the issue.

Thies replied 2 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Thies

March 23, 2021 at 11:23 am

That is a good thing to discuss! How did you handle it? I know one case of a blind champion in Uganda, John Bosco from CEFORD knows him very well. But he is not yet in this group. Kevin from Hivos in Kenya sent some more invites for people to join this group but they still need to accept. I hope CEFORD and others will also be sharing about this topic.

• Arimido

March 30, 2021 at 9:41 pm

We have to take care for every one so something must be done so that no one is left out

• Vestine

May 24, 2021 at 2:12 pm

Much thanks Dear Thies. In the training first day I have discussed with him separately and agreed to send her wife. Because it was difficult to me to facilitate blind person while using GALS tools.

Thanks.