The regional hub is a community of GALS practice in Eastern Africa. This space on the Empower@scale online platform brings together GALS champions, facilitators and supporters in the region with people who are looking for GALS capacity building opportunities and support. The East Africa regional hub is hosted by Hivos in Kenya for the Empower@scale project. The purpose of the hub is to:
• Facilitate linkages between people who are looking for GALS expertise and Empowerment Learning Centres (ELCs) as well as facilitators. Currently ELCs are supported by Empower@scale in Uganda and Kenya. Facilitators and other practitioners are not only found in these, but also in other East African countries.
• Bring together lessons on the use of GALS in the region, coordinate piloting of new approaches and deepen the understanding of the existing action learning methodologies.
• Provide a platform for ELCs, champions, programme staff, partners, consultants, donors and public and private actors to collaborate on the use of GALS in projects and programmes.
If you are a stakeholder (consultant, donor, government official, IFAD project, NGO, company) looking for GALS expertise, you can use the Regional Hub and platform for:
– Asking for information, collaboration, learning and expertise regarding the GALS methodology in the region. For doing so, please follow the indications in the last paragraph.
– Publishing in this group assignments or calls for proposals for projects that require GALS expertise from the region.
For contacting the East Africa Regional Hub, please follow these steps:
(i) If you still don’t have an account on the Empower@scale online platform, please create one using this link: https://empoweratscale.org/register/
(ii) Once you are registered, you can request to join the Eastern Africa Regional Hub group by clicking “Join group”.
(iii) We will accept your request and after that, you will be able to contact us in different ways:
• Send a Message by clicking on the “Send Message” tab that you will find in the bar under this text.
• Add a post on the feed by clicking the “Feed” tab that you will find in the bar under this text.
• Start a discussion by clicking the “Discussion” tab that you will find in the bar under this text.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.